Skip to content
- 1 cup honey, sorghum molasses, rice syrup, or maple syrup
- 4 quarts popped corn
- Place sweetener in medium saucepan over medium-high heat, without stirring, for about 5 minutes or until the syrup reaches between 246-250 degrees on a candy thermometer.
- The syrup's appearance as it cooks indicates readiness - initially, it is frothy; then as the froth recedes, it becomes thicker and denser. When it's a shade darker, it's ready. You may also put a drop or two into cold water to see if it will form a soft ball.
- Pour the hot syrup over the popcorn and stir to coat.
- Cool before serving, or butter hands to form popcorn balls.