Skip to content
- Use 1 or more of the following: buckwheat, millet, brown rice, quinoa, etc.
- Presoak all grains by placing in separate pans (if mixing more than 1 grain together) and covering with filtered water for 6 hours or more. Discard soak water by filtering through a fine metal strainer.
- Add 6-7 cups water for each cup of grain. Bring ingredients almost to a boil. Lower heat and simmer, covered, for 2-3 hours or leave on very low heat overnight.
- Mash into a cream or milky liquid. Add sprinkles of dulse or other seaweed.
- To make milk from the cereal: Squeeze milky liquid through a cheesecloth. Add water if necessary.Other variations:add 1-2 Tbls sesame seeds, almonds or wakame seaweed per 1 cup dry grain