Skip to content
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 large carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 small head cauliflower, zucchini, or butternut squash, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 Tbls. olive oil
- 2" cinnamon stick
- 1 Tbls. fresh grated ginger
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. fennel seed
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. coriander
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 6 cups water or vegeable broth
- 2 cups kale, spinach, or swiss chard
- fresh basil or cilantro for a garnish
- Put everything in the crockpot, except the greens, and cook on LOW for 5-6 hours or bring to a boil, then place in crockpot 2-3 hours on HIGH.
- If more heat is desired, add 1/2 tsp green curry paste or 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper.
- Add the greens and turn up the heat to HIGH for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with basil or cilantro.