Skip to content
- 1-2 eggs
- 1-2 cups Favorite greens (spinach, kale, mustard greens, chard etc…) **My favorite are frilly mustard greens b/c they give the appearance of a true nest
- ¼ cup water for steaming or 1-2 teaspoons oil if sautéing
- Directions In a small sauté pan, add the lightly torn greens and water or oil. If adding water, cover the pan so the greens can steam. Otherwise, simply sauté the greens until they are wilted to your preference.
- Using the back side of a spoon, create a divot in the center of the greens (or two divots if using more eggs).
- Crack open the egg into the divot, again closing the lid to allow the egg to cook until the whites are visible and solid but yoke is runny. (3-4 minutes)
- Add sea salt and pepper and any additional toppings of your choice ***Optional Additions: Nutritional Yeast, chives, goat cheese, Bragg’s amino acids etc…