A simple, preservative-free version of mayonnaise.
- 2 Egg Yolks (free range)
- 2 Tbsp. raw, organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
- ½ tsp. Mustard
- 1/8 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- 2 tsp. Sea Salt or to taste
- 1 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- In a blender combine yolks, vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, cayenne pepper, salt and ¼ cup oil.
- Blend for 30 seconds.
- Very slowly, add remaining oil while blender is turning. Continue to blend until smooth.
- Keep in air tight container in refrigerator for 7-14 days. **Variations: Add garlic powder, mustard powder and herbs (tarragon, dill, oregano, basil, cumin, coriander, curry, paprika etc...) Can also be sweetened with a few drops of liquid stevia, if desired.