Skip to content
- 1/2 cup honey, more or less depending on the natural sweetness of the fruit
- 1 quart of local fruit
- water as needed
- To make jam, add 1/2 cup honey for each quart of prepared fruit.
- Simmer on low heat in a medium saucepan. Add smallest amount of water possible to simmer the jam to keep it from sticking and burning during the early stages of cooking the jam. Stir ingredients until well blended, simmer, and stir occasionally.
- As jam becomes thicker, stir more frequently to prevent sticking. The jam is done when it becomes thick and forms droplets on the edge of the spoon. The cooking process should be 1-1/2 hours. The jam may not be as thick as ordinary jam.
- Place in small containers and freeze.