Skip to content
- 2 cups cooked or sprouted lentils
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 Tbls. coriander seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp allspice
- coconut oil for pan
- 2 Tbls. chia seeds
- 10 Tbls. water
- Scoop out 1 cup of the cooked lentils and place in food processor along with fresh cilantro, garlic, ginger, coriander seeds, and allspice. Pulse until combined. Add in remaining cooked lentils and pulse a few times.
- In a small bowl, add in 2 Tbls. of chia seeds with 6 Tbls. of water. Let sit for about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, pour in your pulsed burger mixture and add in the chia gel (you may need to add a couple more tablespoons of water) and stir together.
- Shape into patties and place onto a warm skillet. Saute on each side for a few minutes or until golden brown.