A wonderful whole-grain item to add to your brunch repetoire.
- 1 cups millet, soaked overnight (1-1/2 c millet, ½ c quinoa for lighter waffle)
- 3 cups buckwheat, cover with water and soak overnight
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 banana or 1 Tbsp. cherry concentrate
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- sea salt to taste
- In the morning, drain and place grains in blender.
- Add 1/4c water, oil, banana or cherry, vanilla extract, and cinnamon into grain mix.
- Process into thick batter. Add water if necessary. Use waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions. May thin batter for pancakes.