Skip to content
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 2 cups split mung beans, soak overnight and rinse
- 1-2 Tbls. fresh, minced ginger
- 1-2 Tbls. fresh, minced jalapeno
- 6 cups water or vegetable broth
- 1 Bay leaf
- 2 Tbls. olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground fennel
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- pinch of cayenne
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 2 Tbls. lemon juice
- fresh cilantro for garnish
- Add mung beans, celery, ginger, jalapeno, water and bay leaf to the crockpot.
- On the stove heat oil, cumin, coriander, fennel, turmeric and cayenne until they bubble, then add to crockpot. Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours.
- For the last step, 15-20 minutes before serving, add the spinach and lemon juice. Cook on HI until the spinach is wilted. Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve.