Taken from gutsybynature.com. This easy recipe for pan seared pork chops is free of dairy, grains, refined sugar, and nightshades and great for people on a paleo autoimmune protocol.
- 4 pork chops, about ½ inch thick
- Sea salt
- 1 tablespoon fat of choice (I used bacon grease, but coconut oil would work also)
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped (about 2-3 tablespoons)
- 1 ripe pear
- 2 medjool dates, pits removed and finely chopped (optional)
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ¾ cup pork or chicken broth (preferably homemade)
- Place an empty metal baking sheet in the oven and turn on to 350 degrees, allowing it to preheat while completing the following steps:
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt. In heavy skillet over medium-high heat, heat fat.
- Sear pork chops for 3-4 minutes or until slightly browned. Flip and sear for 3-4 minutes on the other side. Transfer pork chops to baking sheet in oven and cook for 10 minutes, whilepreparing the sauce in the same pan.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook shallot until soft (about 2 minutes), then add pear and cook until slightly soft (about 2 more minutes) - stirring constantly.
- Add dates, vinegar, and broth to pan and bring to simmer. Cook until the liquidbecomes thick and syrupy, about 6 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove pork chops from oven, add any cooking juices that were released to thepan sauce and mix. Add pork chops to pan and coat with sauce. Serve each chop with pears spooned over top.