Skip to content
- 2 large portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 3 Tbls. apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- In the morning: In a large non-reactive casserole dish with a lid, mix together all ingredients but the mushrooms. Lightly score the tops of the mushrooms in a criss-cross pattern. Place the mushrooms top-up on the marinade and swish around so the liquid fills some of the spaces in the underside, then flip over and lay them down with the tops in the marinade. Cover and let marinate until evening, or at least 4 hours, flipping the "steaks" over occasionally.
- Preheat a cast-iron frypan or griddle; spray lightly with olive oil spray. Sear the mushrroms on each side quickly, then saute for a few minutes in the marinade so that the marinade cooks and the mushrooms absorb the flavors, about 2 minutes on each side. Serve over a salad and spoon marinade over the top.