The vegetables in this dish have healing properties. Zucchini is for good elimination and healthy skin. Red peppers are high in Vitamin C and are good for stress relief. Eggplant is energizing and soothing. Serve with a green salad and/or long grain brown rice.
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled or 8 small Asian eggplants (not peeled)
- 3 medium zucchini
- 1 sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup diced tomatoes (fresh or canned)
- 1/2 Tbls. of each: garlic, basil, oregano, and dill
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- sea salt to taste
- If using regular-sized eggplant, cut into finger-sized sticks and steam for 5-8 minutes. Remove any large clusters of seeds after steaming it. if using Asian eggplant, slice into thick rounds and do not steam.
- Quarter zucchini lengthwise and cut into 2-inch sticks. Saute onion in olive oil for 10 minutes, then add spices and garlic; cook for a few minutes more.
- Add tomatoes, eggplant, and zucchini. Cook until vegetables are soft but firm.
- Serve with a green salad and/or long grain brown rice. From: Khalsa, S.K. 2001. Kundalini Yoga. Dorling Kindersley, NY.