Skip to content
- Purchase a whole organic chicken. Take from the wrapper and pull out any neck/organs that may be inside (you can use these in other recipes if you look up preparing organ meats, making broth, etc).
- Rub the chicken’s outside with sea salt. You can cut a lemonand add it to the inside of the chicken if you wish.
- Place the chicken in the crockpot on low for 3-4 hrs. Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature is 180-190 degrees before removing. I let my chicken cool in the crockpot for 30 min and then I use a fork and carving knife to slice.
- Other seasonings may be added to the chicken rub as desired.
- Be sure to save some chicken for your lunch the next day!