Skip to content
- The best place to find a large delicious pork shoulder roast is at the farmer’s market (in Madison, Jordandal at the Saturday market is a good choice). Plan to purchase a 3-5 lb roast so you have plenty of pulled pork for leftovers.
- You’ll only need a 2 lb roast to feed a family of 4 for an evening.
- Thaw the roast 1-2 days prior. (You may also roast it frozen, will take a little longer).
- Set your crockpot on low.
- Rub the roast with plenty of sea salt.
- Sprinkle/spread 2-3 Tbls of apple cider vinegar on the roast.
- Cook on low for 8 hrs (check at around 6 hrs). Roast is done when pork can be pulled easily with a fork.
- Any veggies you’d like to cook such as thinly sliced fennel, carrots, etc, may be addedabout a hour before it’s finished cooking.