A fast and delicious variation on classic pesto. Make a large batch and freeze in ice cube trays for flavor during the winter! Excellent to spread on fresh tomatoes for a nice appetizer.
- 2 cups fresh Basil leaves
- 5 Sun-Dried Tomatoes, softened
- 3 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 3 tablespoons Toasted Pine Nuts
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Place basil, tomatoes, garlic, salt, and nuts in an electric food processor or blender. Puree.
- Add olive oil slowly, and blend slowly until the mixture is to your desired texture. ***May substitute walnuts, almonds, pumpkin seeds etc... for pine nuts for variety.