Skip to content
- 3 (5oz) cans tuna or salmon packed in water, drained (drain it very well)
- 2 free range eggs
- 1/2 Tbsp dried dill
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil (unrefined)
- Mix the tuna or salmon with the eggs, dill, salt and pepper.
- In large skillet, heat the coconut oil over medium to medium-high heat. Make sure the oil is nice and hot. This is very important for getting the patties to stick together without breadcrumbs in my experience. (A few Tbls almond flour can serve to help bind things, too).
- Form the tuna mixture into 11-12 small slightly flattened patties and cook in the hot oil for 2-3 minutes per side (I find it can take a little longer per side to brown).
- You may not be able to fit all patties in your pan at the same time so add more oil for each batch. Make sure patties are brown before you flip them so they hold together.Adapted from the Everyday Paleo Family Cookbook