Researched Nutritionals H2 Absorb - 60 ct
The healthy body creates free radicals as a result of normal activity & metabolism. These free radicals, known as ROS (reactive oxygen species) or RNS (reactive nitrogen species) are kept in check by the healthy body, maintaining normal mitochondrial function and minimizing oxidative stress.
Healthy and unhealthy individuals create oxidative stress. Exercise increases a person’s use of oxygen, and increases the work load on the mitochondria. As a result, professional athletes create higher oxidative stress (free radical activity) levels than those who do not exercise to the same extreme. Those facing health challenges may promote a less than optimal level of oxidative stress. The point is that oxidative stress occurs on an ongoing basis and for a variety of reasons.
Strong antioxidant defenses (endogenous & exogenous) are correlated with a healthier life. With hydrogen gas’s ability to penetrate every compartment of the cell, including the mitochondria, molecular hydrogen promotes healthy oxidative stress levels.
It is important to note that not all oxidants are bad. We need oxidants such as nitric oxide to support our vascular system. We need oxidants for healthy cell signaling (intercellular communication). Phagocytes (special immune cells) deliberately release free radicals as a part of their chemical cocktail to kill & digest bacteria & viruses.
Under normal physiological conditions ROS/RNS exist at low cell concentrations that do not cause excessive cellular damage.
New research has shown that Molecular Hydrogen (two atoms of hydrogen combined into one molecule – H2) serves as a powerful antioxidant that selectively targets the most toxic of free radicals, the hydroxyl group. The ability to selectively target free radicals is important as it means that it will not interfere with adjunctive therapies doctors may be pursuing. Unique features of hydrogen gas include its ability to:
- selectively neutralize bad free radicals, including the hydroxyl radical
- diffuse across membranes, including mitochondria, due to its small size
- effectively penetrate bio-membranes and infiltrate into organelles, such as mitochondria and the cell’s nucleus
- to penetrate the blood-brain barrier (in contrast to most antioxidants)
- dissolve in water and not change intracellular acidity, taste, color or any characteristics of water
- once ingested, hydrogen-infused water passes quickly into the blood and throughout the body
- promote healthy lactic acid levels and post-exercise recovery in athletes
- support healthy inflammation levels
Suggested Use: As a dietary supplement, place one tablet in approximately 8 oz of non-carbonated water, wait for tablet to dissolve and drink immediately. Repeat twice daily or as directed by your healthcare professional.
Free of artificial flavors and colors.